Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The words of the Lord are pure words. - Devotion on Psalm 12:6-7

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. -Psalm 12:6-7




I read this this morning and it convicted me. I've been tired lately and I've been going through my morning Bible reading with one eye propped open. Sometimes I have to step back and remember that this is God's Word and take it more seriously, and remember how many people had to die so I could read His Word, and how many people don't have access to His Word or how many people are risking their lives to allow people to read His Word. How blessed we are to have such easy access to it!



What does this have to do with diet? Well, I'm a firm believer that as long as you have God first in your life, everything else will fall into place. If I can be on fire for God, it's a lot easier for Him to bless my life and help me when I need help and guide me when I need guidance. So, I wake up and put God first and return to my first love. I love Him with all my heart and pray for success in the other areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment