Friday, July 8, 2011

Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk - Devotion on Psalm 143:8

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. -Psalm 143:8

I love reading Psalms.  I love reading it any time of the day, but especailly in the morning, when the day is new and I'm watching the sunrise.  David is one of my favorite heroes of the Bible.  To me, he's so real, so human, and yet in the midst of his strife, he's still looking to God for guidance and searching for God's will in his life.  This should be my prayer every morning:  cause me to know the way wherein I should walk.  I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in all of the minutia that I forget that the minutia is what is causing God's will to evolve in my life.  The just shall live by faith, right?  There has to be something that keeps me praying, or I'd just become a lazy Christian.  My pastor always says that the best place to be is smack dab in the center of God's will for your life.  So, in the midst of the storm, and all the craziness that is my life, I live by faith.  I seek God, and pray for His will to be accomplished in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment