Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Proverbs16:31 - Getting Old

The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. -Proverbs 16:31




Okay, this kind of has nothing to do with losing weight, but I guess since this is all about lifestyle, in a way, it has everything to do with losing weight. Techically, my head isn't hoary, yet, and that's not because I dye. I inherited good genes from my mother, who didn't go grey until she was well into her 50's. I just feel old today, though. I should rejoice in whatever state I am in, old or not, but today I just have a little bit of a hard time rejoicing. I'm 43 now and I'm at this weird time in life - I'm no longer a kid, but I feel like a kid. I don't feel like I have the wisdom of an adult. My body seems to be past the time of bearing children, but I'm not ready to let that go yet. I feel like in many ways, I've grown in the Lord, but at the same time I feel like I'm no where near where I should be. I've chosen today to be a day of fasting, to search the Lord for direction in my life, to make sure I'm staying in the center of His will, to make sure I'm finding my grey hairs in the way of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment