Thursday, June 23, 2011

Praising with Joyful Lips - Psalm 63:5-7

My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
-Psalm 63:5-7
I love the Lord. He is such an awesome God. It's kind of funny - when you're going through something in your life, something that you're searching out the Lord for, you just 'happen' to come across all these verses that pertain to what you're searching about. I was reading Psalms today and I came across this verse and just had to laugh. God does have a sense of humor, as well as a sense of what I need. Is anyone out there an emotional eater? I am. I use food to socialize, to comfort, to minister to others, to nurture. When in doubt, cook. That's me. I'm working on nurturing in a more constructive, healthier way now. But there's still that emotional eating thing.... I guess I should memorize this verse to go back to when that emotional eating trigger kicks in. While food is a very tangible way to satisfy the soul, a deeper, more satisfying way to satisfy the soul is in the Lord. I know that when I read the Bible and pray and really meditate on the Lord, there's nothing else that can fill me with such fullnesss. There's nothing else that can create in me the need to praise with joyful lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment